Thursday, September 15, 2011

Comments About Gardner and Beatty's Advice

If you remember, I shared with you an advice on Sunday. It is simply says that "If your advisor does not like the topic or considers the scope too global, be willing to consider a change or prepare yourself for an uphill battle" (Gardner and Beatty, 1980, p.6). One of my friends addressed a cartoon after reading my posting titled "Stubbornness". I will share this cartoon separately.
Also, there is a story about the importance of your advisor's opinion about your dissertation.
If you google "Rabbit's thesis" you are able to read the hole story. But in this posting, I want to share only the moral of the story. Basically, the moral of the story is

The title of your dissertation does not matter,
The subject does not matter
The research does not matter

All that matter is who your advisor is.

If you want to read the hole story, here is the link

No comments:

Post a Comment